"Color Me Happy" Candy filled rings / bits & bobs

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Need a little sunshine?
Make these colorful & fun candy jewels.


Wear 'em to make you smile.






Turn them into rings, necklaces, hair pins, badges, you name it.










Here 's how:

supplies list
 envirotex lite or epoxy resin
bowl & spoon
surface area to work on that won't be ruined if damaged
(I used a canvas)
candy sprinkles or balls
jewelry hardware (rings,bails,hairpins)
E6000 super glue or other











Grab a throw-away bowl
(or label it for NO food use)
and mix the Envirotex Lite:

equal parts
mix
(This stuff can be found at Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and other craft shops.)

























To be safe, don't touch for 24 hrs.



























































Happy Creating!





share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
13 Comments »

13 Responses to “"Color Me Happy" Candy filled rings / bits & bobs”

  1. This is so great! I am definitely going to steal this one at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE them! My oldest daughter and I are going to make these for all of her friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment Natalie! :) I saw the movie Eat Pray Love recently with Julia Roberts...loved it! It's one movie I think I could actually OWN! (never see the point as i don't usually want to watch a movie more than once)..and i'm sure the book would be even better. My husband and I are planning an extended trip to Italy in 2012, when all my babes have 'flown the coop'..sigh :(...so all things Italian are proving quite attractive these days!!
    Thanks for your lovely msg :)
    blessings!
    ciao bella !! ..hehe
    jessie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh btw...sure I left a msg on this post today...not showing tho..hmm.. was askig if you know where I can find a source to purchase the ring attachment to make these adorable rings..and the bottle caps as I know of nowhere in NZ...also the metal backing thingys you use on your flowers..the domed thing with a pin and clip on them...love any advice to purchase online...thanks so much!
    ciao ;)
    jessie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Natalie! Love these! They are super ultra cute, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!! How cute!! I would love to give this a try!! I am your newest follower!!

    simplyjenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very fun! Great blog - I'm a new follower!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, I can't wait to make some. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are amazing, great tutorial, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are so cute. My daughter and I are going to make them for a school project where she has to make items to sell. I think these will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This tutorial has been chosen as the "Tutorial of the Day" at The Crafty Artisan. We have posted a link to your tutorial on our website and recommended it to our readers.

    You can find it at http://wiserunning.com/blog/?p=328

    Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your ideas - will definitely give them a try!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment, thanks so much for taking the time. It means A LOT to me. :)